- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 slices / 100g stale bread OR 100g matzoh
- 225 g nuts
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp marmite
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence (or mixed herbs)
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas mark 4
- Peel and dice the onion. Cook it in a pan on the stove with the oil
- Toast bread until slightly crispy. Process or mill it (or the matzoh, if you're using that). Grind the nuts
- Heat the stock with the marmite. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Mix everything in a mixing bowl and transfer to a greased deep baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until dry on top, but not burnt. (You can cover it with foil for the first 20 minutes if you are prone to burning things.)
From Another Dinner is Possible, which is the best vegan cookbook I know of. You should get a copy.
Americans: 300 ml = 1.25 Cups. Apparently, according to this, if you use almonds, you'll want 1.125 Cups. However, I think you might just need to get a scale for this one, which is a good investment anyway. They're very useful for beer brewing.
Post a Comment