This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Tuesday 14 January 2003

Chicken was throwing up more than usual and she threw up blood twice in two days, so she went to the vet. The possible causes for this are:

  • She ate a ribbon and it's irritating her stomach
  • She has an ulcer
  • She has a malignant tumor in her stomach

I think it's an ulcer. Only Christi's cat could possibly worry herself into having an ulcer. Anyway, so the vet took a lood sample to test for cancer cells in her bloodstream. We will get a call around 10:00 AM on the results of that. If it's not a tumor, I think they want to xray her again or something; I can't remember the exact order of possible future events. Anyway, she can't have any food until we get an all-clear from the vet. Christi is worried because the cat is being friendly and that's unusual for her. But I think it makes sense because she just went to the vet and is always friendly afterwards, because we're not so bad compared to the evil needle-weilding people. And she's out of food. Hungry cats are friendly cats.

Christi and I went over to Christi's boss' house after the vet, since he wote a letter for me. It's a really good letter. He asked for a CD, so I gave him the CD I have on Mp3.com and another work-in-progress. Then he asked me a bunch of questions about how I got certain sounds and how to do certain FX. I'm starting to feel confident about college admissions. My writing sample is not going to matter very much unless my admission is borderline or the sample is illiterate or terrible. Still, must give them the best thing that I can.

Anyway, then we started talking about how to quickly insert track markers into audio files to burn a CD. He knows a guy who sells Pro-tools, so he called him up at home at 9:00 at night and put him on speaker phone and started asking him how to do things. The guy was totally cool about it. Tiffany saw him play last weekend at 21 Grand, so I said she had said good things about him. She said good things about the whole show and I'm sure if she knew who I am writing about, she would say good things about him in particular. How could you not have good things to say about a guy you can call at home at 9 PM and ask tech support questions? Anyway, he solved the problem and the day was saved. yay.

I hope the cat doesn't have cancer.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!