This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Monday 16 June 2003

Weekend Update

There have been various improvements made to JJiCalc. I could tell you what they were, but I'd have to go look at CVS logs. Christi says that I've been very forgetful lately. This is true. She wants me to go see a doctor. Hrm. Forgetfulness = sign of brain tumor. Has my personality changed? Yes, she says I'm nicer. She says that it's probably just that I'm distracted by other things. I have very sharp, clear memories of things from several months ago, but yesterday is fuzzier. Polly, of flute band fame, says that memory is linked to emotional engagement. So since I don't care as strongly about small things as I used to, I'm not remembering them. Maybe I should carry a ntoebook.

The big news around here is that Ellen said yes and will be house sitting starting in October. Christi is apparently planning on staying around here until October, something she says that she told me a while ago. So I will be going by myself out ot the big, scary, new east coast and grad school. How can I be co-dependant when I'm alone. I need to remember to write my address on my person someplaxce everyday so that I'll be able to find my own way home.

Christi's dad was in town yesterday, catching defenseless abalone. He gutted three of them in my front yard. The dog was very happy about the proximity of abalone innards, but was ultimately disappointed. Ken is coming back next weekend. He apparently doesn't approve of Christi's new tatoo.

While he was here, we went to the Berkeley farmer's market, where he purchased soap made out of the kind of tree that he just wrote an Enviromental Impact Statement about. He says that the soap is not impacting the tree population and the tree is not endangered. While he and Christi relaxed in the shade, Tiffany and I wandered over to the next block where the psychic faire was going on. We got our auras healed. Afetrwards, I asked the person waiving her arms around if my aura had been badly in need of healing and she said that she hadn't read it. How do you heal something without looking at it? Anyway, apparently my aura now only contains my energy and nobody else's. What if you want somebody else's energy? My aura could do with some energy that can keep track of things better. Tiffany and I told Christi and her daad that we signed up for aura healing classes, but neither beleived us. And then Ken went home.

Gay marriage is apparently legal in Canada, even for Amerikans. Christi and I will be heading there very soon to tie the knot. It's very exciting. Details will be forthcoming. (I know, you all knew it was legal a few weeks ago, but I forgot...)

I've been listening to Polly's (of flute band fame) three songs over and over. It's probably why I can't remember anything. It's getting tangled in lyrics. Gay marriage is legal no longer rosy fingered dawn.. anyway, it's helping my ability to play the songs. and remember them. i'm not good at multitasking. i can memorize the songs, or i can be able to find my own way home, but apparently i can't do both.

I had Tennis Roberts rehersal today. I burned some three song demos and gave 'em to Chand cuz Chand has friends in the music biz. Hopefully, we'll get some gigs out of this.

And today was fathers day, so Christi and I headed down to Cupertino and had dinner with my dad, my uncle and my brother. I didn't know what to get my dad, so I got him a small statue of Chairman Mao. I think he likes it, but I'm not sure. He clearly thinks that Mao was a bad guy and is talking about collecting statues of other bad guys like Stalin. Hopefully a joke. My dad says that Donald Rumsfeld talks in haiku. All his short statements break into haiku format. I'm skeptical.

Although many other things may or may not have happened around here, I have nothing else to report that I can recall. If I don't get better about recalling things, I might make an excellent republican candidate for high public office. Or not. tomorrow is Christi's birthday. She's turning 27, but apparently has been telling people that she's turning 29. Not on purpose. (I'm not the only confused person in my household. Maybe we have ergot poisoning... A witch! A witch!) and I'm starting working on cleaning up the Lattice feature in JJiCalc. I don't get it at all. I think I might know what a tuning lattice is, but how the program deduces them, maps them, deals with them, etc, I don't get at all. All I can tell is that it's mostly illegible and it doesn't play notes. I think a lattice might be a two dimensional representation of an N-dimension array. This is not a problem that I had ever given thought to before. Maybe I need to read a math book about graphing hypercubes. Anyway, I'm at a point where I should probably go put up a web page and recruit other programmers to come fix these problems that I don't understand.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!