This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Wednesday 28 January 2004

New Cell Phone

So apparently, it was not beating my cellphone against a pillar in Oakland that temporarily cured it of it's antenna woes (although that seemed to help). My pld phone existed on a different frequency than the new system in Connecticut. this explains why my reception was steadily degrading (as they changed the system) and why it would spring back to life in NYC and CA.

I have a new phone as of today that works on both the NY/CA frequency and the new CT frequency and it didn't cost me anything. The guy at the phone store assured me that my old phone would be sent to CA and sold as refurbished and not go into a landfill. He also gave me the name and phone number of a recording studio in Hartford that often needs bassists to sit in on pop/punk recording sessions. I also learned that the fancy new cell phone rings are actually mp3s. so my dream of composing cell phone rings is a bit odd then, since any song can already be a ring. I'm going to double check this last fact. But maybe I can play in a poppy punk band at least.

My personal ad is liove, but doesn't yet have a picture. So far, no replies. I'm feeling far less certain about things than I did earlier. My confusion and unhappiness is great. My tears flow freely. I went to the school shrink and cried a lot. She wants to see me for the next two weeks. she does a great concerned expression. It must be hard to listen to woes all day. I had dinner with some undergrads and said i had seen one of the shrinks and they all knew her. Everyone in Middletown is insane. The people in the mental hospital are insane. The people in the halfway houses are insane. the people in the grocery stores are insane. everyone connected to the university is insane. we're all damn crazy around around here. I want to go home. I kind of wish that I had never come.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!