This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Monday 9 August 2004

NYC / My Life

Bay Area activism to infuse N.Y. / West Coast artists travel to Big Apple for GOP convention

Indeed. I'm going to be in CT starting on the 17th and probably in NYC on the 18th or 19th. As a protester, I'm supposed to wear "buisiness casual." I don't know if I own any kakhis. I may have to buy pants and some nice short sleeved summer shirts. Probably after I head east. I dunno. I've got too much stuff to haul back already. And there's aproblem that my outgo is currently higher than my income. I'm expecting my spending to go way down once classes actually start, but in the meantime, I'm going to spend 2 weeks in NYC. I wonder if you can get buisiness casual from Bob's Store. I got a new hat. It's a panama hat, offwhite with a red and blue band, I think it looks appropriately convention-y. If I dress nicely enough, maybe I'll be mistaken for a delegate... in drag.

I've heard rumors that New Yorkers hosting activists have some left-wong cachet. Or at least, I heard that my host for the convention has been telling her friends that she's hosting activists. It makes me feel so... activisty. I need to find a group or something to be involved with, but I'm hoping to find something once I get there. Much like I'm hoping to find a place to stay between the 23rd and the 27th, but, of course, I could go back to Middletown and do some work or something.

Apparently there's an installation in my living room....

I may be taking down my blog, or at least removing all the archives, but I'm not sure. I may have 15 minutes of fame. (nothing to do with what anything i've blogged. you can ask me about it in person, but don't speculate in the comments, or i'll delete them. i'm asking people who know (or think they might know) not to talk about it.). Obviously, everything I say on my blog is public, but I'm assuming that my current readership is generally sympathetic, which would not necessarily be true in the future. I really haven't figured out if I should take stuff down, leave stuff up, or just stay officially anonymous. If you see stuff start disappearing, don't worry, the archives will reappear at a later date.

Good attention / bad attention . . ..

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!