This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Tuesday 28 September 2004

The most interesting thing to do

I'm supposed to be preparing for the SuperCollider introduction thing tommorrow, so what better time than the present . . . to sweep the living room? Now, it needs sweeping, no question. There's going to be a concert here Wednesday Night (you should come, if you're in the area). If it were Wednesday afternoon however, I would feel suddenly inspired to work on my SuperCollider notes. Because the most interesting thing to to do is the one with the most distant deadline. Althought, if it had no deadline at all, it would not become interesting unless I had a paper due and a house concert and had to prepare notes.

I want a maid. Is it classist fo me to say that? The school-run houses get maids. However, one is not in my finances or in my future. But what is more music grad school than sweeping the living room while listening to Schostakowitsch's opera, Lady Macbeth von Mzensk at top volume? I hope I am annoying my upstairs neighbors because their shower leaks into mine and they start showering at the same time I want to shower, but I'd rather not have their effluent drip on me. I know it's not their fault, but I feel resentment regardless. And they were pling sing-a-long music or something yesterday while vacuuming, so . . . um, I don't know what my point is. My bathroom will be repeaired and/or torn to shreds Wednesday morning.

I'm getting a lot of work done. Too much. I need to make sure to leave the house every day.

Um, I have nothing else interesting to say. But lots more interesting to do. Like, get caught up on email! And mop! And figure out if my Wednesday piece will play on my computer!

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!