This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Monday 17 July 2006

3 more weeks of drugs

Went back to the doctor. She acted disbelieving when I told her I had an allergy. And disbelieving when I told her I had lyme disease. ("What did the blood test say?" it doesn't fucking matter, I have all the symptoms, give me drugs!) Then finally, she gave me 150 mg of Roxithromycine (english: Roxithromycin) twice a day for 3 more weeks.

Three more weeks??!!?

Nicole has read that some doctors only give doxycyline for 10 days for early stage lyme. Maybe I'm already cured. Except the muscle above my bite still hurts off and on and really, I don't want to take any chances with this thing.

Let the count down to allergy begin. I blame the dermatologist my mother dragged me to in high school. Dear Upper middle class kids and parents, Teenagers are supposed to have zits. Giving young teens low doses of antibiotics every day for years is not good for them and may have repercussions in later life.

I went to the same pharmacy to buy the pills. The pharmacist said, "oh the allergy came back?" Yes, it came back! (I know, I know. But it's close to my house and I'm not again asking for advice.) I have very little confidence in either the drug, the doctor or the pharmacist right now. It's just like home.

Tags: ,

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!