This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Friday 22 June 2007

FAQ part 2

Ah, I am getting a clearer signal from you now, and thus I have more answers.

  1. What's going on with Birmingham?

    I'm still not officially admitted. They never received my Wesleyan transcript, despite my having sent two separate requests to the Wesleyan registrar. I don't know if it's the mail or the registrar or the admissions office, but something is going wrong someplace and it's kind of frustrating. I think I can come in on a tourist visa and spend a few days in the US if I have to, to change my status. But I'd rather get it right the first time. Also, lack of official admission has lead me to not try applying for aid and it's already summer, so I think it might be too late now anyway. Which is suboptimal, but survivable.

  2. What's going on with your commissioning project?

    Still working on it. It's been really low traffic lately, which is ok, because I've been kind of busy doing other things.

  3. No, I mean, what's going on with MY commission that I requested?

    If your request came with a paypal or via etsy, I'm working on it. Otherwise, please resend. Or, if it's been longer than a week or so, er, please resend the info.

  4. No, I mean, what with that other project you promised to do? Or email you promised to send? Or name for contact you promised to give me? Or dog food you promised to buy?

    Arg! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry! um, soon. specifically: I'll have the 65€ on monday. I'll check out the equipment to do the CD transfer on Monday and get unedited CDs in the mail shortly thereafter with edited ones to follow. I need to email somebody to ask the guy's name. I meant Birmingham ENGLAND, not Alabama. They didn't have the right kind of dog food when I went by, but we still have a few days of the vegetarian kind left, so she's ok for now.

    Er, yeah.

  5. What's the blue box I now see in the sidebar of your blog?

    It's Twitter, which is a(n ou-like) service that I can SMS or IM with my current status. I realized that while I was off biking around, nobody knew where I was, so I sent daily SMSes to a friend of mine with my location. Which is only useful to that one friend. So now I can SMS twitter instead.

    There's some sort of RSS or something you could use to get updated on my status, but you'll have to go there to find out about it, you feel all stalker-y. Otherwise, check the blog or twitter. My username is 'celesteh'

  6. When will you next be stateside?

    Thanksgiving is the next date to count on. Might come sooner, depending on factors.

  7. Are you playing anything in the SuperCollider gathering next September in Amsterdam / Den Haag?

    Yes, I will absolutely be there. And play music. I need to let them know that, though.

  8. Do you have any technical requirements?

    I will need a place to plug in for electricity and I will be providing a line-level stereo out. I need a table big enough for a laptop and a small mixing board, and a chair to sit behind said table. I may require a mic stand, but I don't know yet. Set up should take me about 15 minutes and sound check only about 5 or 10 after that. Also, I'll be bringing my dog with me, so I'll need to be able to get her into the venue when I'm playing and also on the other nights. (She's very quiet, housebroken and free of fleas and, indeed, has experience performing and thus will cause no problems.)

  9. Ok, you're kind of losing me.

    Hey, I'm reading a lot of people's minds right now, through the internets. Some of you want to know about the suspicious package at the conservatory. Some want to invite me to play a gig (or have already) and want to know what I need. Not everybody needs every answer.

  10. Shouldn't you just send those people email?

    Well, in an IDEAL world, where I wasn't a total flake . . .

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!