This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Monday 6 December 2010

The 1932nd Psalm

Depression is my shepherd; I am in want.
He maketh me to lie down on park benches; He leadeth
    me beside the still factories.
He restoreth the bread lines; He leadeth me in the paths
    of destruction for his Party’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Unemployment,
    I fear every evil; for thou are with me; the Politicians
    and Profiteers they frighten me.
Thou preparest a reduction in mine salary before me in
    the presence of mine creditors; Thou anointest mine
    income with taxes; my expenses runneth over mine
    income.
Surely unemployment and poverty will follow me all the
    days of the Republican administration; and I shall
    dwell in a mortgaged home forever.

Purportedly written in 1932.

You know what totally didn't help then? Austerity measures. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!