This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Thursday 17 October 2002

Apparently, there was a misunderstanding and my Dad has not cut the amount of meds going to my mom. Or that's what he says when I talked to him about it. And now there are six fewer candles burning than yesterday. I'm thinking mabe they should be replaced with scented candles. As dying people's systems break down, they stop being able to deal with toxins in their bodies and start to smell kind of toxic. I've been picking a lot of roses, but Cathy, the weekend attendant is allergic to roses, so i'll have to switch to something else by friday evening. anyway, if mom can't see the flowers, at least maybe she can smell them. Her sense of taste came back some a while ago. She lost it during radiation, but Sarah K gave me a book on remedies for cancer symptoms and it said that radiation aimed at the head or neck can make taste buds quit working. The remedy for that is zinc. So I gave my mom zinc every day as long as she ate food and she seemed to be able to taste more and more. Who knows what's going on with her now.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!