This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Tuesday 18 March 2003

I'm the bomb

I can be arrogant in my blog, right?

My old music teacher from Mills called me up today and said that the faculty was very excited by my application. Encouraged me to go to Mills. I've never had faculty members call me up and encourage me to come to their school before...

Ok, she also wrote letters for me, so it wasn't completely out of the blue, but still. Many of the ditties that were in my portfolio can be heard at http://www.berkeleynoise.com/celesteh/mp3s/, btw. Every single one of them was written before my mom died. Since then, I've written shxt. All I can seem to get out is angry, blaring, obtrusive noise, like hundreds of fingernails on a blackboard in stereo. I don't beleive that music needs to be beautiful, but the open, airy aesthetic I was aiming for is just not happening for me. I didn't mention this in my application, though.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!