This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Tuesday 3 February 2004

Grasping at straws

Christi's blog says "not now." Which means "maybe later." Right?

I was reading about John Cage's use of the I Ching. As soon as he could, he used a computer program. So I found one on the web. At least it's using the right algorythm, whereas I was not, since you have to toss a coin 18 times, not just six.

The present is embodied in Hexagram 20 - Kuan (Contemplation): He should be like the worshipper who has washed his hands, but not yet presented his offerings. There must be sincerity and an appearance of dignity, commanding reverent regard.

The first (bottommost) line, divided, shows the looking of a lad - not blamable in men of inferior rank, but matter for regret in superior men.

The situation is evolving slowly, and Yang (the active masculine force) is gaining ground.

The future is embodied in Hexagram 42 - I (Increase): There will be advantage in every movement which shall be undertaken, and it will even be advantageous to cross the great stream.

Appearance of dignity, well, um, moving right along . . . "slow evolution" and "great advantage" are sounding good. Polly told me that Jupiter is in retrograde for the next three months or so, which makes starting new projects difficult. I'm mixing astrology and the I Ching . . . because I am a hippy new ager with an appearance of dignity.

Anthony Braxton came over today and left his laptop behind for me to install stuff on. He's in the supercollider tutorial and it met at my house today because Ron, the teacher, is off in China.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!