This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Monday 5 April 2004

7 concerts in 6 days

[Telltale Signs of Experimental Music]was my week last week. tonight, there's traditional Irish music, but i'm going to skip, since it's not really my thing and while I saw a lot of great music, I got little work done. Yesterday, from whence the picture comes, was Anne Wellmer's going away concert. She goes back to Europe today. It was 44 minutes of music, starting at 4:00 on 04/04/04. Lots of fourishness. Nice concert. I showed up late, so I don't know why the fava beans are on the piano, but I did see some of them get blown off with a battery fan.

I don't really have anything to say, I just wanted to document the kind of abuse that the piano in the student center is forced to endure. Last Tuesday, it had an encounter with wasabi peas instead of fava beans. And blocks stacked in it.

There was a little party after the concert to say goodbye to Anne W. and to wish Anne Rhodes a happy birthday. The concert goers were made up of the usual suspects. some of the people that come to every concert are not in the music department. We get undergrads from all disciplies and some science grad students. As things were winding down, some of these folks sat at the piano and in the style of Rythm and Blues, started a group piano piece. But these are fans of experimental music, so they were playing something 12 tone. Someone remarked, "I can't tell if that's a real piece or not."

To do

  • Call tax guy
  • Clean floors beofre seder tommorrow
  • Two one page papers
  • Do reading for class. all of it. really.
  • arg, everything that was on the todo list before is still on it!
  • having a great time, wish you were here!

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!