This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Thursday 8 April 2004

Letters from mom

Posting emails my mom sent me.

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:12:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Eileen Hutchins
Subject: friendly hello

Dear Celeste and Christi,

How are you? Hope everyone is OK.

Did I tell you that Dad is in Tempe now? He got her into a place in Sunnyvale. They are coming here on Monday so she can check the place out.It is not at all like the one where Grandpa was. She can come and go from this one, as long as they know when she's leaving and returning. Everyone seemed to be friendly and nice;they were all nicely dressed, and most are ambulatory. I saw a couple of walkers and one wheelchair. The only problem I could see is that there are so many ancient ladies. They make the Ladies of Carmel look like spring chickens. But, the place is NOT dead! There was an elderly couple embracing in the hall. It seems they met there! Everyone calls them The Lovebirds.

Why do museums use volunteers as docents? Because they are cheaper by the docent.

Keep in touch. Love, Mom

My grandma lived in Tempe, Arizona, but got sick, so my dad went out to get her and found her a place to stay in Sunnyvale, CA that was assisted living.... and my mom was a docent at the San Jose Historical Museum

Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 06:17:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Eileen Hutchins
Subject: have a good trip

dear Celeste and Christi,

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Portland. Please call me (collect) when you arrive. I think it will do you both a lot of good to get away for a few days into a completely different environment. Work situations can really get to be the pits. Celeste, I'm praying for you to get into a job that is something you can enjoy and take a pride in, not stressful. Work related stress is a primary source of emotional and physical health problems. Anyway, drive carefully and be careful! All I hear about on the news now is those three women who disappeared on the road between Yosemite and Stockton.

Three of them! So much for safety in numbers.Don't get friendly with anyone on the road, even if ther're nuns! Anyone can rent a nun's outfit (habits, I believe they're called) The old advice about not speaking to strangers is taking on new meanin , especially where women are concerned.

Are you bringing your bowl-shaped sled in case there's snow? Please be sure to say a big hello to Christi's parents.Have a great time! Love, Mom.

My mom was funny... I miss her

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!