This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Tuesday 28 December 2004

Want to learn SuperCollider?

I need volunteers who can take my drafts of a SuperCollider book and try to teach themselves the language and send me feedback. I'm writing my text book and I need user reviews. Non-programmers preferred, but if you already know some MAX/MSP, that's ok. And if you already know a real language, that's cool too. How do my efforts compare to your "real" textbooks?

My goal is to get people able to make pieces quickly, but also have them understand things about data-types and programming languages. I want non-programmers to be able to follow and use the book, but I also want it to be useful for experienced programmers. This started life as lecture notes for the SuperCollider classes I taught last Spring. We didn't make as much progress as I'd hoped, but the class only met once a week.

If you're interested in helping me out, drop me an email: celesteh at gmail dot com. So what I get out of this is feedback on my book-in-progress. And what you get is a correspondence course in SuperCollider.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!