This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Friday 6 May 2005

William S Burroughs sez

look around you   look at a control machine programmed to select the ugliest, stupidest, most vulgar and degrading sounds for playback which provokes uglier stupider more vulgar and degraded sounds to be recorded and play back more inexorable degradation   look forward to dead end   look forward to ugly vulgar playback tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow what are newspapers doing but selecting the ugliest sound for playback by and large if its ugly its news and if that isn't enough i quote from the editorial pages of the new york daily news   we can take care of china and if russia intervenes we can take care of that nation too the only good communist is a dead communist lets take care of slave driver castro next door what are we waiting for lets bomb china now and let's stay armed to the teeth for centuries this ugly vulgar bray put out for mass playback you want to spread hysteria record and playback the most hysterical reactions

marijuana marijuana   why that's deadlier than cocaine

. . .

only way to break the inexorable downward spiral of ugly uglier ugliest recording and playback is with counterrecording and playback   the first step is to isolate and cut association lines of the control machine carry a tape recorder with you and record all the ugliest and stupidest things cut you ugly tapes in together speed up slow down play backwards inch the tape   you will hear one ugly voice and see one ugly spirit is made of ugly old prerecordings   the more you run the tapes through and cut them up the less power they will have   cut the prerecordings into thin air

The Ticket That Exploded P 215-7

Yeah, ok, now I see why my advisor wanted me to read this book. This is from the last three pages. With the exception of 4 other pages also towards the end, the entire rest of the book is about anal sex.

I mean, I don't have anything against anal sex, I just didn't see what it had to do with my thesis.

Until tonight when I decided maybe I should gather up my library books and maybe finish reading this one and boom, there are the program notes for my Ann Coulter piece. holy shit.

could you imagine if burroughs had a blog? he was down with this lazy punctuation way ahead of the times.

Tag:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee, yeah the beats were the original bloggers, lousy puncuation, overly prolific for their (or our)own good.

-Carol

Anonymous said...

"I mean, I don't have anything against anal sex, I just didn't see what it had to do with my thesis."

I'm at work, trying not to laugh out loud so I don't have to explain it to my co-workers. :)

Polly

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!