This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Tuesday 15 November 2005

Yay, Cola fixed the internet

Everybody complains about hold music. How often is it the worst of elevator music's greatest hits or jazz so smooth you would swear it wasn't ethnically other or soft rock so soft, it's not rock or major key movements of overplayed symphonies played at 75% speed or some other form of musical torture?

I'm pleased to report that this is not the situation in France. I'm not being subject to any form of piped music except the 10 second melody that plays under the French version of "please hold" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

Better or worse than Kenny G playing the Ode to Joy on flute (with piano and drum set accompaniment) in largo?

Hm, I think the tech support guy just lied to me. I wish I spoke French better. It's a normal update, he said. Wait one day and it will fix itself.

Perhaps monkeys will also fly out of it.

Weasely, lying tech support! I'm used to being lied to by French service workers but I'm not sure what to do in this case. If one bank says what you want is impossible, go to the one across the street. I can't just change ISPs, though. I guess I'll call back tomorrow when it hasn't started functioning again. Or if it does magically work again, I'll type an apology out 100 times and post it.

Tags: ,

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!