This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Wednesday 22 February 2006

Recently

So I know you're all wondering how I've been spending the 4th decade of my life, since it began a little over a week ago. Mostly, I've been behaving in accordance with the maturity becoming somebody of my age and feeling sorry for myself because I didn't get into grad school. But that got boring, so I spent a lot of time working on a sound collage thing Les Radios Francophones which is a burning, wrecked hulk of a piece. I have no idea how to fix it.

My dad blew through town yesterday morning. He's on an airplane for California by now, after spending last night in London. And last night, I talked with my conversation partner for the first time in a long time. I've been working actively on trying to understand more french, so I was a little disappointed when I was as confused as ever during our chat. Alas.

There are some french podcasts which I listen to which I find to be somewhat helpful: Les Journaux français facile, France Blue L'horoscope, Arte Radio and Les bulletins Nouvelles de Radio Canada, which covers some US news. There are others. In fact, there are too many. But those are the best, I think. The Easy French one is great because I can understand almost all of it and I can figure out the rest from context. I think it's much more helpful than the jumble of words I get when listening to normal news on RFI.

Tag:

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!