This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Saturday 6 January 2007

In which I blather about my dog

Xena was acting very strangely and alarming me this morning, but after her walk, she seems fine. She was twitching with every breath and not getting up for her spot on the carpet. ack. but I took her for a walk down to the statue of the kid with the mushrooms and she perked right back up and came in and had food and water. She is funny in the morning, because she knows she has to wait for me to do my routine before she gets walked, so she doesn't want to rouse herself too much, lest she awaken her bladder. I had forgotten though and thought something was terribly wrong, but I went through my routine anyway. heh. The dog is smarter than me.

She seems kind of sad. I am going to see if she's allowed in the café from which I buy espresso. There is no food in the house and it's filthy. I'm guessing that she's not allowed in the store. I will do much cleaning before Cola returns.

And . . . she is indeed allowed in the café. Also, Dutch for "Sit!" is "Zit!" which caused the café guy to ask if she was a Dutch dog. I wish they all could be California dogs. She's fine after a walk, but the longer she sits indoors, the more twitchy she gets. I thought she was having nightmares yesterday, but she was awake. Yikes. I guess we go for a walk whenever she starts to twitch and shake. Poor dog. She went more than 12 hours without getting to pee and she didn't drink any of her water in the crate, she just let it drip on her, so it was like 12 hours of thirst and water torture. I hope she is ok. I haven't tried leaving her alone yet, but I must go buy food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what kind of dog is xena? i remember she was a very pretty dog.

smurfette

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!