This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Thursday 7 February 2008

HIDden Options

I'm trying to plug a new joystick into SuperCollider. I got a Logitech Attack 3 joystick which I want to do a short act with, maybe next week at a drag king bar. But I can't get SuperCollider to talk to it.

The newer version of SC broke all of my joystick code. That's fine, except I can't get the newer stuff to work. When I try running the examples under GeneralHID, it can see my joystick and knows about all the buttons and the XYZ stuff, but it doesn't seem to notice when I push one of those buttons or wiggle the stick. I tried the joystick briefly with JunXion, so I know it works, but SC just isn't getting data from it.

I wonder if there's some sort of trick or secret to this? I had to switch my audio stuff to an aggregate device to read in and out. Is there something like that for HIDs? Some secret magic?

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!