This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Friday 11 July 2008

Live on the air

I will be playing a live gig with polly moller on kfjc. But i can't remember what date, even though she's just told me, because i am drunk on a friday night. So hopefully polly will leave a comment and you will know on what day to turn your radio to 89.7 fm or point a browser at kfjc.org.

Oh my goodness, i listened to kfjc for hours everyday during my teen years. I remember staying up all hours of the night to listen to them play noise music. I got my first bikini kill album at their record swap. I remember listening one afternoon when i was 14 or 15 and they played "Lecture on nothing" on the radio. It was like nothing i'd ever heard before. Like being struck by lightening. I remember the first time i heard nirvana when they played "Smells like teen spirit." I remember going to see the mermen play live on the air.

This radio station defined me musically during my formative years. What i like now is from what i heard then. I can't believe i'm going to be improving live on this station. It's like unbelievable. Man, i really love you guys.

1 comment:

Polly Springhorn said...

No More Twist! will perform live and tell you all about their upcoming premiere at the Edgetone New Music Summit, on Thursday, July 17th at 3:00 p.m. Pacific. 89.7 FM, or www.kfjc.org .

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!