This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Thursday 8 April 2004

Even more letters from mom

Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:48:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Eileen Hutchins
Subject: getting a cold

Dear Celeste and Christi,

I am coming down qith a cold. I 's not terrible but since you have that commute you can't afford to be feeling under par. Let me know if you would like to poatpone it for a day or two.

Grandma appears better than she has in a long time. and is very upset that Dad is selling her car and house and moving her into a home. She is ready to kill Ruby because she says Ruby needlessly exagerated her condition and caused Dad to panic for nothing.This after calling several times a week telling Dad to find her a place. Unfortunately she doesn't remember that, and now Dad and Ruby are the bad guys. sigh

Let me know whether you guys will come today. I thought, since Paul is coming, we could go to Fontana's. Did you get my Welcome Home email? Be sure to let me know how your trip was. Did you fight off any more biker nuns? Love, Mom

Ruby is a relation of my grandma's. I'm not sure how I'm related to her. Fontanas is an Italian place that we went to every single time I saw my parents after I finally said no more Hunan Palace, which is the place we went to every single time for the three previous years.

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:23:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Eileen Hutchins
Subject: new job

Dear Celeste ,

I'm glad you are changing jobs. If you are unhappy in a place, raising pay as a bribe to stay on won't make it any better. When do you staet at Netscape? I want to hear about tonight at dinner. You,ll find Grandma better than she's been in long time.It' amazing.

Please excuse errors.

I'm

typing this without my glasses.

Ilove you. See you tonight. Love youu, Mom

Netscape and the doomed-seeming dot com got in a bidding war for me cuz i'm soooo coool. yes.

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 21:41:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Eileen Hutchins
Subject: thank you

Dear Christi and Celeste,

Thank you for coming tonight. It was particularly important to Grandma.Didn't you think she seemed better than before? Her new home (if she likes it) will be Sunnyvale Retirement Inn, on Remington. It's acrosss from the Sunnyvale Rec Center, you know, with the park and fountain. It will be very important to visit her frequently, keep calling her, and invite her out often. so she won't feel abandoned. Thank you also, Christi, for salvaging my computer. I thought I had ruined it forever.

Congratulations on your new job, celeste.

Love, Mom

and thus I began taking my grandma out for coffee at Cupertino's Coffee Society once a week, especially since her new residence was near my new job.

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:59:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Eileen Hutchins
Subject: book

Dear Celeste,

Many thanks for the Feminine Mystique. It will make interesting reading.It arrived today.

I spent until about midnight last night surfing the net. Thanks, Christi, the computer is working better than ever now. It zips along.
Now I'm a cooooooool kitty from Kansas City.

love, mom

Um, so I decideed my mom wasn't liberated enough and sent her a feminist classic from an online bookstore. And I would like to say that my mom was online in '99, before your mom had even heard of the internet, because my mom was cooler than yours. neener neener.

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:37:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Eileen Hutchins
Subject: feminism

To the World's Greatest Daughter,

Thank you for the Internet address for feminist materials. I'm starting a folder for your incoming emails, to conserve information. You may have noticed that I have reduced the number of emails sent. I decided that 3 a day may develop a certain nuisance value, especially since you were kind enough to reply to all of them. .

I have sent an email to Paul, suggesting that, since he and Chuck can both burp the alphabet, they should have a contest. They would prepare by drinking a carbonated drink. First to vomit is disqualified. So far he has not responded.(strange, that)

I love you , Mom

hehehehe. chuck is my uncle: my mother's brother. Apparently, I was still trying to liberate her. Um, and that's enough emails for today, yes.

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!