This blog has moved

This blog is now at http://www.celesteh.com/blog

Friday 18 February 2005

Bah

Drinking will not solve your problems, no no no, but it certainly helps you forget what you're thinking about.

No, it makes the fucking problems worse. Why didn't I just turn the damn thing off and then wait until later and prioritize what I wanted to save? Now I've got a broken 12 gig disk image and no guarantee that i'll be able to mount the physical disk again.

I feel real sense of panic when I think about this. My laptop is turned off. I will eat and do other stuff. then I will come back and try again. If it fails, I will go to the campus computer store and ask questions about disk repair. Maybe a new motor could revive it enough. Maybe there are some types of data recovery which only cost $500 or so.

The data I want: my diary, my scripts, my tax receipts, my frequent flier info, my addressbook. I can live without all that stuff.

I hate letting go. I am so not zen.

Tag:

No comments:

Commission Music

Commission Music
Bespoke Noise!!